The lucky winner will be announced soon! Stay tuned for more information
ASTA “Vacation Do Over” Contest Official Rules
1. Eligibility. Eligibility to participate in the ASTA “Vacation Do Over” Contest (the “Contest”) is limited to natural persons at least eighteen (18) years of age as of the start of the entry period. ASTA members, employees and directors, and their immediate family members, are ineligible. Limit one (1) entry per person. Void where prohibited.
2. Sponsor. The Contest is sponsored by the American Society of Travel Advisors, Inc. (“ASTA”), located at 675 N. Washington Street, Suite 490, Alexandria, VA 22314.
3. Entry Period. The Contest begins at 12:01a.m. EST on June 15, 2019 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on July 19, 2019. ASTA reserves the right to extend the entry period should it receive an insufficient number of entries. Submissions received after the end date (or any extended end date) will not be considered. The winner will be announced on or about August 1, 2019.
4. Prize. One (1) winner will receive an all-expenses-paid vacation for the winner and any designated travel companions valued at up to $10,000, to be planned by an ASTA Verified Travel Advisor to be selected by ASTA. The prize is non-transferrable and has no cash value. Travel must be completed within one (1) year of date of the award.
5. To Enter. Visit http://travelsense.org/vacation-do-over and complete the online entry form. All fields must be completed and incomplete submissions will not be considered. By entering, you consent to: (i) verification by ASTA of all information submitted and satisfaction of entry requirements including but not limited to following and sharing of material on social media platforms relating to the Contest and travelsense.org; and (ii) receipt of e-mail correspondence from ASTA. If selected, you further and agree to fulfill of all of the additional requirements applicable to the winner set forth in these Official Rules.
6. License and Warranty. Each entrant grants ASTA a perpetual, non-exclusive and royalty-free license to publish, modify, edit or otherwise use all entry materials submitted to ASTA including but not limited to the narrative statement and the video, in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest, to highlight the value of using a travel advisor, for consumer awareness and marketing purposes, or for any other reason. Each entrant also represents and warrants that no material submitted in connection with the Contest infringes on the legal rights of any third party. Entrant shall indemnify ASTA from and against any and all claims arising under or alleging a breach of the foregoing warranty.
7. Evaluation Criteria. Submissions will be evaluated on a variety of criteria including but not limited to uniqueness of the situation described, the nature and magnitude of the difficulties encountered on the original vacation, the degree to which involvement of a travel advisor could have avoided or mitigated the negative outcome, the degree of skill required to plan the prospective new itinerary, the quality of the entrant’s written and video submissions, and the worthiness of the entrant and/or entrant’s travel companion(s).
8. Winner Requirements. Except where prohibited, the winner will be required to complete and return an affidavit of cooperation and execute a liability waiver and publicity release within ten (10) days of notification. U.S. residents will also be required to complete and return a W-9 form. Winner is responsible for any applicable taxes and any and all other costs and expenses associated with travel not included above. Winner and his/her travel companions are solely responsible for satisfying all conditions of travel, including but not limited to possession of valid travel documents (e.g., government issued identification, passport, visa). All travel and accommodations are subject to availability and restrictions may apply.
9. Governing Law; Venue. The Official Rules shall be governed by and construed according to the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, the courts of which shall have exclusive jurisdiction and venue over all controversies arising out of, or relating to, the Contest.